spell check NOT IE SPELL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spell check NOT IE SPELL

It seems the ever since the spell check question by techie (not saying it techie fault! ) I can't spell check anything on here. Its probably some weird fluke but it seems like it happened about 2-3wks ago.

When I click the ABC or spell check button I get a little error on page thing and it won't work. It always worked before. I removed the pop blocker long ago for this website and have no problems going to links or anything. Just spell check...I NEED IT!!! ITS LIKE A DRUG!!!! I NEED SPELL CHECK

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH

isamadjul
    DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

If you look at the bottom of the window where you post, there is a button named spell check.

The WYSIWYG spell check doesn't work. So, the Janitor found a vBulletin spell check module and added it.

Check it out!

Comment

If you mean where it says: submit reply preview post spell check: then thats what i ment when I said spell check button.

I click that of the other and they both give me the same response of error on page. I'll try and remember to have my DH take a look to make sure its not our computer. I just don't know how it could be when everything else seems to be ok. BUT sometimes things apear fine and they aren't so maybe I clicked a button and don't know I did it.

Thanks for the fast reply though and I will check with the DH

isamadjul
      DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

I never noticed the New Button. Tried it on this post. It works the same as the <ABC> Button at the top right, doesn't. Didn't catch that Mistake or any others, the <right click> Check does catch it.
        Bill
        Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

It may be a 'compatibility' problem with the Site. I use IE9 and the <compatibility> Button is usually by the Address at the top, it isn't there with MS World. But, it isn't there on Neurotalk and Spell Check still works. Surprisingly it isn't there with MSN either.
          Bill
          Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

We are usually using Firefox for our site, although, anyone can use what ever Internet Browser they choose. I recommend Firefox, the site was built in Firefox, so the features are usually conformed to the Firefox settings.

I don't understand why the different IB's don't allow same things. I will have to check with the Janitor after he is done with his conference call. (He is sitting right next to me!)

I will get this working, sorry for any inconvenience this is causing!

(BTW, I just checked out the spell check, I purposely misspelled some words....and it does work on Firefox, interesting...)

Comment

Explorer

i have always used Explorer. So I don't understand why it doesn't work now. Funny thing is though...I forgot to ask my DH about it...LOL How could I forget something? I will write a post it note for myself to have him check my laptop too. I don't do a ton of computer stuff so....if I ask how does Firefox work? is that a stupid question?

I work on whatever I have an icon for. My DH had Firefox on our other laptop under his user name. But I again used only Explorer. So I can ask him. I am a non computer smart person!

Thank you for all your help and wkikta.

isamadjul

Comment

Well, it is a complicated answer.....IE is a little "tighter" which means takes the code literally or so I was told.

Firefox is looser, and it will allow things that IE doesn't I don't understand why, the Janitor does more than I...I will ask!

Good question!

Comment

thanks for the help

Still on explorer cuz thats what I like but my DH says its something with this site. He showed me what wkikta was saying about right click spell check so I know what he meant by that now.

My DH looked at all my setting and whatever computer ppl look at and said its not me...its you....lol (thats a line and a half). So I'm good as far as spell checking. Just not as easy as it was before.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!! sorry I'm computer slow.

isamadjul
                  (allyson)

Comment

right still

I still have to right click. Not the end of the world as long as I can spell check. With out spell check it might be the end of the world though !!!

isamadjul
                    (allyson)

Comment

The only thing that works with IE is the <right click>. Why would anyone make their site incompatible with IE? It is pretty much the Internet Standard isn't it?
                      Bill

Comment

The people that originally wrote the website, wrote it to be the most comparable with Firefox.

I am not sure why anyone would do that, I SPECIFICALLY asked the site to be compatable with all IB's, but obviously it didn't happen. I apologize for being an issue with all of this, but that it is what it is.

Sorry!

Comment

I&quot;m not upset

No need to be sorry for me. I just thought it was a good question. I didn't and kinda still don't understand why it worked and now as of a few weeks ago it doesn't. It makes NO BIG DEAL TO ME!!!

I"M JUST HAPPYYYY TO HAVE SPELL CHECK! I had know idea that there was a right click...lol

isamadjul
                          (allyson)

p.s. really for me...don't be sorry I say THANKS FOR ALL THE WORK YOU DO AND ANSWERS THAT YOU GIVE!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X