Is every post moderated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is every post moderated?

Is every post moderated or are mine moderated because I am in a noob-user group?

Yes, every new post is moderated.

Comment

Originally posted by KarenR View Post
      Yes, every new post is moderated.
      Wow. Good luck with that. Must be hard work and require a fair amount of dedication on the part of the mods.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfox View Post
        Wow. Good luck with that. Must be hard work and require a fair amount of dedication on the part of the mods.
        Thanks! (blush )

Each day there are, on average, 200+ new posts, 30 new threads, 400 active users, and 30 new user registrations!

Yes, we are dedicated. But we love what we do, and we love giving our members a safe place to find support.

Oh, and all of us have MS.

Be well,

Comment

You guys do a great job, but it makes me sad that there are 30 new registrations a day. So many people. When is ms going to get the kind of recognition a charitable contributions that breast cancer gets. Before my first attack, I don't think I ever even saw any orange campaigns.

Comment

This might be a good time to remind folks that while posts are moderated, they are not moderated for technical content. Posts too often contain statements that are factually wrong and misleading. Even a well-meaning off-the-cuff comment can contain a statement that leads someone to a misunderstanding of facts. I think it's apparent how big a problem this can be when posters ask questions like, "What is this?" and "What does this mean?" and "Can anyone decipher my MRI report and test results?"

So this might also be a good time to remind everyone of the MSWorld disclaimer:
            "Information shared here is not for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. For specific information and advice, consult your personal physician."

I think that's so important that it should appear on every page, and not only in a Sticky thread that doesn't get seen unless someone opens it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky10
              We strive to end the isolation that people with MS can feel.
              A noble cause indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky10
                [SIZE=4]There is no perfect authority or expert on MS to take on the task of correcting every post.
                Yes, that's my point exactly! Even though the intent is for people to share experiences, posters frequently come here to ask for technical help. The point of my post is that folks should be reminded that the forums are for sharing experiences and that technical information should be obtained from their doctors or other reliable sources.

Comment

Redwings,
                  Personally, I find that posters are OFTEN reminded that they should not expect comments/answers to be those that they would get from a Neuro. Sometimes it may even be OTHER POSTERS telling them this, but I think the point is well shared.
                  Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
                  X