For Rich - First denial recd in NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Rich - First denial recd in NJ

After many anxious months, I finally received my first denial for SSDI.

I'm quite concerned as to whether I could ever be approved under SSA rules.

The letter stated in what I assume was boiler plate language, that although I cannot perform any of my past work in the last 15 years there are other jobs I should be able to perform.

I would assume that because I have a college education and worked the past 15 years as a certified public accountant, I lost on the grid rules at step 5. (I obviously did not make the MS listing)

I'm waiting for the cd from SSA, so I can read the determination information from DDS before preparing my reconsideration . However - I'm starting to wonder based on my education and work experience if I'd ever be approved. I'm 55 - so I thought that might be a help.

Thing is - the symptoms that caused me to give up a great job, are the same symptoms that would prevent me from being able to go to any other job.

And if my past 15 years were sedentary work and they say I can't do that work - how can they say I can do other work? Can they keep me in the sedentary category if they've already determined I can't do my past work which was sedentary? - less than sedentary? Go sit in a corner? I don't get it.

Looking for anyone with some advice 😃 Thanks
    Dx 06/07
    Copaxone

Sorry, Sunshyne. You can check for yourself. Rich doesn't come here anymore and hasn't fully participated for years. But no one at MSWorld ever checks up on him, so they don't even know how long he's been gone.

You'll undoubtedly do better at getting answers by going to almost any other disability forum on the web. Good luck!

Comment

Hi Sunshine,

It does sound like boiler plate language in your denial. I had similar situation, 52 year old business analyst/project manager with fatigue, cognitive issues, and arm pain/weakness. But I don't meet the criteria necessarily laid out for MS. None of which alone meet a disability requirement, but together do.

I appealed, but used a SSDI attorney. It was worth it. Since they don't get paid unless you win, it can't hurt to talk to one. They are capped by law, so they received the 6k out of my back award. I viewed it as money I didn't have anyway, so getting the back award minus their fee was a bonus.

The lawyer should be able to guide you and give an opinion as to probable success. They will need your disability application_medical records, etc.. I will warn you that my appeal took 19 months if I remember correctly.

Good luck.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X