SSID Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSID Review

It's been quite a month for me. I'm on Rituximab and the infusion time came just as I received a packet in the mail informing me that I have to complete a full review of my disability. I was approved 6 years ago and wasn't expecting to have to do a full review like this, not to mention being able to do all the packet required. I called for an extension so I have till the 17th of June to complete it.

Anyway, I don't work. My symptoms have been progressing though my lesions seem to be stable on this new treatment. I am alone, no real support from family, just a couple good friends that help me out. When I was first diagnosed I had been living abroad was visiting for my best friends wedding and lost my eyesight. I paid for my bills out of pocket because I thought it was the right thing to do.. well.. I put myself in massive debt and completely broke before insurance kicked in and I was approved for SSI disability. I worked for a state organization prior to that and was 2 coins short of full disability. I barely have enough to get by right now and if I were to lose these benefits I would end up homeless or have to go live with a previously abusive parent.

Frankly I'm terrified. Is a full review normal? Should I be worried that I might lose benefits? Does anyone have any advice?

On top of all this, I've suddenly received letters from the IRS claiming didn't file on some imaginary income that I have no idea what they are talking about. It looks like they are referring to a student loan I used to pay bills but why would the IRS be involved in that when I'm already getting 4 calls a day from the loan people.

I'm at the end of my sanity, the stress is overwhelming. I'm in a constant state of panic now and all my attempts to find help in understanding what's happening are turning up dead ends.

Any info or advice would be so greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Nicole
    "I never sleep on planes. I don't want to get incepted"

Just to comfort you, you will not lose your benefits. They will do everything they can to scare you. They will send you a letter saying "YOU ARE NO LONGER DISABLED, YOUR BENEFITS WILL STOP" then you have to appeal it. If you are lucky, you can get it on appeal.

But, if you don't, get a good lawyer. Doctors don't like to help, but it's worth asking. If your neuro will be willing to say you are still disabled, then they will probably approve you. The interviews are terrifying. Show them how your disability keeps you from working without exaggerating. Smile, make eye contact.

It's going to be ok. Let us know how it's going.

Comment

Working...
    X