Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Approved for Disability and SSI in 15 days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved for Disability and SSI in 15 days!

Omg I am so happy! My disability and SSI were approved after I submitted my application in 15 days! It was approved with the QDD (quick disability decision). Such a blessing! Good luck everyone don't give up. Oh and I was denied twice before.
    "Focusing on what I CAN do and not what I can't do."

Congrats for getting approved, I'm sure you're relieved with the good news!

Comment

That is great. I was approved on my first attempt, I was determined to keep working as long as I could. I worked for 12 years while having MS, and when I left work in 2011, on short term disability (for 6 months), I could not return to work. My mobility and cognitive issues were my main disability related issues. I applied for SSDI in May and was approved in July. The only thing was it happened before "The Affordable Health"program, so I had to make COBRA insurance payments for 2 years, before I could qualify for Medicare.

Comment

Yes I am and thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sorormp3 View Post
          Omg I am so happy! My disability and SSI were approved after I submitted my application in 15 days! It was approved with the QDD (quick disability decision). Such a blessing! Good luck everyone don't give up. Oh and I was denied twice before.
          think you just set a record!! YAYY for YOU!!
          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Congratulations Christopher!

Comment

Thanks fished!

Comment

Sororomp3

If I may ask what is "Quick Disability Decision"?
                Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
                Babe Ruth

Comment

Originally posted by Waydwnsouth1 View Post
                  If I may ask what is "Quick Disability Decision"?
                  Yeah, seriously. What is that? I've applied and appealed so many times now it's ridiculous. It's been 3.5years that I've been applying and keep getting denied for pathetic reasons. Currently waiting for my second ALJ hearing.
                  Diagnosed Aug. 2011 - Currently on Tysabri

Comment

SSDI

I started a claim 6 months ago. I received a attorney from Advantage 2000. Sad to say I was getting anywhere with them. No phone calls or info sent to me in the mail or via email or phone. So being a veteran in the military I seen a posting at my local Legion Post for Patriot Disability Attorney for MS. I filled out a simple app and within 3 days I was called. Needless to say I have stayed with them and here from them aleast 2 to 3x's a month.

I'm hoping i get approved. I have been on STD for about 5 months & now on LTD for 3 months. I just want this to get approved so I can get on with my life.

Comment

denied for my husband making 12/hr

Originally posted by saywhat View Post
                      Yeah, seriously. What is that? I've applied and appealed so many times now it's ridiculous. It's been 3.5years that I've been applying and keep getting denied for pathetic reasons. Currently waiting for my second ALJ hearing.
                      Hi, i got a lawyer and applied. It took 1 year but a Judge agreed and said i was disabled. But the problem came when the US Gov said my husband made to much ($12.00/hr ) and I have not worked in 20 yrs . I was not qualified. DENIED ( family of 3 )

Comment

Working...
                      X