What to do at 65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do at 65

Hi I have a question about my disability? I am currently on SSD getting my monthly check because of my MS, so when I turn 65 and am eligable for my SS check ( 38 years of paying in) do I get both checks?

SSDI converts to social security at age 66

Comment

When you turn 65 it just changes to SS retirement, no you do not get both checks just one, the only thing that changes is when you get your $ which changes to I believe the 3rd of each month. Nothing for you to do.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

birthday

I believe even with retirement the date of your pay stays based on your date of the month of your birthday.

Comment

From what I understand you will make the same amount but just converts to SS.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
          RRMS
          Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Disability to Retirement benefits.

Hi, limppy and everyone. I am in general agreement with the responses here. Note, however, that the full retirement age is changing. See http://buff.ly/1uDQtAX for a handy chart.

Rich
            Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
            X