Denied--but by my own doing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denied--but by my own doing

I began the application for disability online....but it got so overwhelming, I did not have all the info, and I just gave up. I just got a letter from them saying I was denied because I did not complete the authorization for them to contact my doctor.

Will I not be allowed to apply again in the future? Also, how do I not get overwhelmed by the process in filling everything out?? Are there things you should NOT put in the application?? I don't have money to hire an attorney to do this for me.....
    Rule of Feline Frustration: When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the bathroom.

should've mentioned....I just retired 7/31/14 from my job of 26 years......due to issues with the MS. I was dx in 2000.
    Rule of Feline Frustration: When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the bathroom.

Comment

Pay up front for an attorney?

Hi, swpanther1. Remenmber, attorneys representing claimants in these matters only get paid if SSA approves the fee agreement and in a normal case, the fee is paid from the past due benefits due the claimant. So think again about hiring an attorney to represent you, swpanther1. Let me know if you have further questions, please.

Rich
      Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
      X