Had my hearing with the ALJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my hearing with the ALJ

And I don't think it could have gone worse! I knew that awful neuro I got stuck with after mine left was going to ruin this for me. That judge read a long list of my symptoms and then this guy goes and puts in the record that they all have resolved! I don't know what world this guy is living in, but I certainly wish I was living in it too! Yes, a couple of them have, but the rest are just as bad now as when I first saw him! One specifically was the neurogenic bladder (so I guess peeing 4 times in the night is totally normal, and every half hour to an hour during the day). I just hope the judge digs further to see that this idiot has switched bladder meds because what I was taking quit working for me, which shows his assumption of everything being resolved is not true.

This is all because of my last MRI. Because the brain lesions (I only have 2) have shrunk and there are no new ones, suddenly everything is perfect again. Avonex has cured everything! He also went on to say how great I'm doing on it when last time I told him I wanted to stop taking it and he said no! If I end up getting denied, it's not like it'll matter anyway and I'll just stop taking it on my own. All this idiot is doing is further ruining my life, not helping.

The one good thing was the judge really thought I was credible after looking into my stable work history, so I guess that means he was more likely to believe me. I really hope that and my lawyer refuting what the VE had to say wins this for me, but I certainly don't feel like I got anywhere. According to the criteria, I should get this, but when that idiot decided to throw in his own two cents instead of what I actually said, I have no confidence.
    Diagnosed 1/4/13
    Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Hello I'm thinking of applying so I'm new to this.

Does the patient not get to find out if he has the doctors support before he or she applies and if he or she continues to have the docs support to the end of this stressful and overwhelming endeavor. Even if some of the symptoms have resolved.?

The neuro SHOULD know how very unpredictable this disease can be
    Meissie47

Comment

Hello, lstrl and meissie47. Sorry to hear about your concerns lstrl. I would suggest that you discuss your concerns with your attorney and see if anything further can be done to refute what your doctor said. See what other suggestion he has as he is representing you in your claim. All the best to you.

Meissie47 - I usually tell claimants to talk to their doctor about their claim and elicit their support. A patient should be able to obtain a copy of one's records under the HIPPA law. See http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa...alrecords.html for more information on HIPPA.

Rich
      Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

well i would think being credible is a big part of the decision
        yeah a doctor can look and say no more appeared and the others havent gotten any bigger but he cant really say how it has already effected you and having a soild work history and being credible should go a long way..
        he** my foot doctor filled out these function reports and said i should not be doing anything with standing up and physical and i should have my leg raised through out the day and i got denied so i know the first part of the process they dont give a damn what the doctor says really, so will the judge ? man i wish i knew that answer ,like i said i think work history and credibility goes a long way. try not to worry yourself too much and think positive. i know easy for me to say .
        check your social security statement on line from time to time , i know when i checked mine it showed my earnings and within a week i got my denial letter not sure if it works the same way once you go to court , maybe you will get the letter first wish i had more info for ya ..
        hang in there and keep us posted for sure .

Comment

Working...
        X