Another Question for Rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Question for Rich

When one checks the status of their SSDI claim on the SSA website and as part of the response it says "The Disability Determination Service in your State is processing the medical portion of your claim", does that mean anything like maybe getting close to a decision?

Any rough idea how long it takes a state to process the medical?

I'm 60 years old and I submitted my application online 8 weeks ago and was told by the SSD attorney that I consulted and my doctor team that I am a "slam dunk" for approval.

Thanks in advance, Rich.
    Seattle, WA
    Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
    Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

It is nice to hear someone say that your claim is a slam dunk; let's hope that it goes smoothly for you. After the case is assigned to an adjudicator at the initial level of review of review, it takes around 3 months or so for the case to be adjudicated. These time frame may vary from state to state. One's adjudicator should have a better on this, SEAMSGUY.

Rich
    Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Feingold View Post
      It is nice to hear someone say that your claim is a slam dunk; let's hope that it goes smoothly for you. After the case is assigned to an adjudicator at the initial level of review of review, it takes around 3 months or so for the case to be adjudicated. These time frame may vary from state to state. One's adjudicator should have a better on this, SEAMSGUY.

Rich
      Thanks Rich!
      Seattle, WA
      Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
      Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

I have personally seen as little as a few weeks and I have seen people who still struggle months later (close to a year in one case because of a technicality). I am very glad to hear that qualified professionals believe in your case, which is always comforting to hear!

Comment

Working...
        X