Texas Income Protection Plan ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Income Protection Plan ?

Does anyone have experience filing long-term disability on the ERS Texas Income Protection Plan ?

Us, I'm not employed by the state of Texas, and I'm not familiar with the plan.

I'm not sure if you checked the website, although I did a google search for Texas Income Protection Plan, or TIPP. At first glance it's seems to be a comprehensive site with lots of info, if that helps you at all.

Maybe someone with TIPP experience will post with more specific help for you.

Comment

thanks MSW7963

Yeah, I have looked on that sight but it is all very confusing. I was trying to see if anyone had experience with them to maybe give me some do's and don'ts.

Thanks again

Comment

You may wish to try the general message board, Us. Also, can you call them?

Rich
        Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Us, you may want to contact an attorney who specializes in Texas State Employee Retirement and Disability Plans.

I would guess that most Texas attorneys who specialize in SSA are also qualified to represent state employees, but only speculating here.

The Texas state employee plan may include STD and LTD insurance policies in addition to the Retirement and Disability plan.

Your local chapter of the NMSS probably maintains a referral list of SSA and/or Texas state retirement benefits attorneys. It's standard for the initial attorney consultation to be free of charge.

Comment

Thank you, MSW1963. Us, you also could contact the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR) - www.nosscr. I think you would want to see if there are attorneys who handle ERISA and related matters. I believe that AARP may provide referrals in that regard on their website.

Regarding attorneys and charging for initial consultations, it depends. Certainly in the Social Security disability arena, attorneys aren't charging for initial consults generally as they are paid if past due benefits are approved.

Rich
            Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
            X