Interview with attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview with attorney

So I reached out to an attorney that the ms association recommended and I had a brief phone call with her and an interview scheduled in two weeks. She told me that due to my age (38) Abd the fact that I take care of my toddler full time that it's going to be hard for me to get approved. Anyone have any experience with this type of situation and or any advice? Thanks so much

Childcare activities and my age - how affect my case?

Hi, wookieland. Those two factors certainly can be considered by SSA, but they also will consider the severity of your illness. Also, we don't know the extent of your childcare activities and its affect upon you. These types of issues occur frequently in Social Security disability claims.

Rich
    Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Are there any pointers about this being a concern? I do have the help of my mother and husband but I'm worried that I might be denied because of it and my age according to the attorney. I have a great dr that has documented her notes and concerns about me working in either field in which I have experience. Will this help my case?

Comment

Work activity

Hi, wookieland. Having well-documented medical records and the opinion of your doctor concerning your functional limitations can go a long way toward helping you in your disability claim.

Regarding childcare and other work activity, in general, the more activity you engage in, the more it may demonstrate the ability to work full-time, even if the work activity is only part-time and under SGA. Once again, this must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Rich
        Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
        X