Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disability

Hey All,
    well I called my disability lawyer today so check the status on my case. She said that Disability has made a decision on my case but that a different department needed to overlook the case workers information before they could send out the decision. Has this happened to anyone else with their case? What do you think it means good or bad regarding my case?

Lisa

Hi, Lisanatali. You should talk with your lawyer about the significance of this development in your specific claim. When this happens with my clients cases, I take it as a sign that the claim is being evaluated by a component of the Social Security Administration that oversees the work of the various state Disability Determination Services. Good luck in your claim!

Ricyh
    Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

disabaility

hello Richard,
      my last question to you is when they do the evaluation in these cases does it mean that I was not approved?

Lisa

Comment

Hello, lisanatali. Not necessarily; it could mean that you were approved and that SSA is reviewing DDS's decision. What does your attorney think, lisanatali? That is the individual whom you should ask.

Rich
        Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
        X