im approved!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im approved!!!

only after about 4 months with the help of my drs social worker helping me apply online! im only 34 dealing with this hell of a disease and ive been so stressed out over this and now the majority of working my way through this maze is over!!! now to sort out the medical coverage side! pray for me!!!

Wow 4 mos, congratulations!! I applied at 35 and took me over 2 yrs, so we never know.

That's awesome news, tc

Comment

I'm so glad you got approved! I'm sure that is a tremendous emotional and stress relief. Woohoo!!!

Comment

Congrats. Glad to hear some stress has lifted.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

congratulations I am so happy for you that gives me hope. I am still waiting on my first response. I am glad you don't have to stress it no more.

Lisa

Comment

Thanks everyone!!!! Although its nothing compared to what I made working this victory feels like I hit the lottery!!!lol

Comment

that is great

How long did you wait for the whole process to be approved? Did your doctor have to do anything special? like special reports for you?

lisa

Comment

Hi, everyone. I'm very pleased for you, grace4et. Feels like a big burden has been lifted, hasn't it?

Rich
                Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Congrats! I will be praying for you

Comment

I was approval in only 3 months. If you have the documentation and spell out clearly all the many ways (employment callenges, cognitive issues, absences from job, hospitalizatoons, fatigue, mobility, etc) that your MS affects your life, I don't think they are trying to keep us from benefits we are entitled to.

~ Faith
                    ~ Faith
                    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

SSA's 5 Step Sequential Evaluation Process

Hi, mamabug and everyone. Mamabug, I think "... I don't think they are trying to keep us from benefits we are entitled to." is a very good philosophy to have in these claims. I would also add that it is very important to know and use SSA's five-step sequential evaluation process for disability claims - http://www.ssa.gov/dibplan/dqualify5.htm.

Rich
                      Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
                      X