The Closer You Are to 62?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Closer You Are to 62?...

Is it true that the closer one is to 62, the "easier" to get approved for SSDI? Seems like I heard that somewhere along the line.

I'm not working and afraid I no longer can due to all the typical issues with SPMS, plus severe psoriatic arthritis and diagnosed MDD.

Anyone have any similar type experiences?
    Seattle, WA
    Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
    Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Have you spoken to your MS neuro about SSDI? You will need his/her support for this.

I applied at age 35 and it took me over 2 yrs to get approved. Age does not seem to matter, some states deny on first and 2nd time.

Good luck and I would speak to your neuro

Comment

Originally posted by tspaulding View Post
      Have you spoken to your MS neuro about SSDI? You will need his/her support for this.

I applied at age 35 and it took me over 2 yrs to get approved. Age does not seem to matter, some states deny on first and 2nd time.

Good luck and I would speak to your neuro
      Oh yes, like most I have an entire "team" at my MS Center and they know my situation well. Thanks tsp.
      Seattle, WA
      Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
      Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

TOO

I have heard that, too.

I have not statistical proof of that. I just have heard about it.

It makes sense, the closer you are to retirement age, the less employable you may be. You usually have contributed more to your SSDI.

But, as usual, you never know what SSDI will do.
        God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Working...
        X