the 5 step process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 5 step process

i know im killing myself slowly with this. It's just such a big game changer..
    Just in case im denied, im a start my appeal research RIGHT NOW! lol
    And it will start at this question

Now undertsanding that decisions are decided at step 4 or 5 Right so far?
    OK
    Now to pass step 4 in the process SSA must find you cant do your past work,, Right?
    Now this is some of what it said at my initial denial and i quote

We have determined that your condition is not severe enough to keep you from working.
    Your condition results in some limitations in your ability to perform work related
    activities. We do not have sufficient vocational information to determine whether you
    can perform any of your past relevent work.

We realize your condition prevents you from doing your past job(s). When we apply the
    social security rules to the medical evidence regarding your condition, we find you are able to do work not
    requiring much lifting. We find you are able to do work that is not complicated and can be
    learned in a short period of time...WORD FOR WORD..

Now my question is with them stating "WE REALIZE YOUR CONDITION PREVENTS YOU FROM DOING
    YOUR PAST JOB(s)". Is they agreeing that i cant do my past job(s)?
    Will that statement be applied to the appeal process? If so i should past to step 5 RIGHT?

It is not uncommon for SSDI denial to state that you can't do your own prior job,,mine was similar. For SSDI, you have to prove you can't do any job that would qualify as gainful employment. So you need to work on that piece.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

When I applied for SSDI I was told I could work my last job. I knew I could not and that is why I was on LTD.

So, I explained why I could not work my last job, which included all the reasons why I could not work any human service job or retail, too much standing for retail, could no longer take walks w/ clients or drive clients to appointments my foot may slip from the brake.

I was informed not being able to drive was not a reason not to work. So, I was grateful when a new neuro filled out a form for me that had to do with my daily functioning skills, not sure what form was called. My neuro received this form from my disability company.

Took me 3 denials and to see a judge via computer to approve me. That was about a 2 1/2 yr process.

Good luck and speak to your neuro about the SSDI process as I am sure he/she has been through that w/ other clients

Comment

Working...
      X