social security disability benefits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

social security disability benefits

Does anyone with ms have soc sec disability benefits?

I have had the benefit for almost 2 years

All I can say is if you are applying be very detailed in your support. Mine was passes first try.

Comment

Yes, I receive them too for a little over two years now. Also approved the first time applied.
      Karen

Comment

I've been approved for over 5 years.

Do your homework before submitting your application. Answer questions diligently. Talk to your doctor (s) to be sure you have support from them.

~ Faith
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

from Attorney Rich Feingold

Hi, kat666. Do you have any specific questions?

Rich
          Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

SSD

I was Diagnosed in 2003 while pregnant with Twins with RRMS. No one told me that SSD worked on a credits. I had every intention on going back to work, but between my lesions and my medications my memory retention isn't there anymore. I've been denied by the ALJ. It is the most degrading thing to go infront of a judge and try to make them understand what is going on inside your head. Now I'm trying to rejoin the work force? After being out of it for 10 years. I'm now being treated for depression. I should have filed for SSD the minute I as Diagnosed

Comment

Hi, bandilady. So sorry to hear about your experience. Did you appeal the ALJ denial?

Rich
              Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
              X