Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part time or per diem work as supplement

Hello,
    I have recently been approved for SSDI. I also receive alimony payments monthly. Will I be able to work for " supplemental income"? What does it mean? I will not be self-employed but will work either part time or per diem for an employer.

What are the guidelines? I don't want to compromise my SSDI as I do need it very much; The money I do take in from alimony and SSDI is really not enough to live on.

Thank you,
    Seajay6
    Portland, Maine

Hello, Seajay6. Sorry for the late reply here; I am catching up on some older posts.

SSA has helpful information on their website to catch you up on working while collecting benefits. Also, there have been a number of prior posts on this issue.

I'll try to add more content to my website, www.usadisabilitylaw.com, concerning frequently asked questions, regarding this important subject.

Basically, one can work while collecting SSDI benefits, however, there are a number of rules that control. Here's a link to a page on SSA's website that contains some basics and can be used as a starting point for information on this important topic:

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answ...ility-benefits

Rich
    Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
    X