Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Rich Feingold

Hello,

Thank you for taking your time to answer questions. I have a general question. How often do you see people lose there benefits after a CDR and what the main reason it occurs? Second question, I have a work plan with a state agency if I continue to meet this plan am I protected from a cdr? The plan is me getting a degree than they will help me get a job. The ticket to work program seems to be the same thing as to what the state agency is doing. Thanks again.

Hello, William. Sorry for the delayed response here.

Pursuant to Social Security regulations, in general, if one is participating in the Ticket to Work program, SSA will not start a continuing disability review during the period in which one is using a ticket, unless one is working at what is called the SGA (Substantial Gainful Activity) level. For more information regarding the Ticket to Work Act - see http://www.ssa.gov/work/overview.html#a0=0.

The issue regarding your question may be whether the State vocational rehabilitation (VR) agency acting is as an Employment Network such that the program you are participating in does qualify under the Ticket to Work Act. I would check with those involved in your work plan and/or the Social Security Administration as to whether an exception to a CDR applies in your particular situation.

Good luck, William198888.

Rich
    Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
    X