continuing disability review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

continuing disability review

Can you tell me how a continuing disability review works and how often is it done? I was diagnosed in 2009.

Somebody has to know the answer to this question........anybody?

Comment

FYI, not everyone who posts here daily has anything useful to contribute to your question, that's assuming everyone read your post.

This is also a 'thread' that a volunteer attorney answers technical SS questions. He checks in when it's appropriate and needed.

I applied with the SS sponsored Ticket to Work program. I experienced an exacerbation a short time later. That was 2+? years ago and I've just now cleared up the fact that I applied with TTW with the understanding that I wasn't sure I could complete the program, but I was very much financially motivated to do so. I received a SS letter confirming that I was approved to continue my benefits without a CDR.

I assume my MS doc was contacted to confirm recent 'progression' and received a 'reprive' from the pending CDR. I mention this in the event that you possibly applied for TTW or otherwise are seeking employment that SS may be aware of for whatever reason.

States that have seen an increase in applications since the economic melt down that began in 2009?, probably are requesting CDRs from SSDI reciepients.

Hope someone else has more info for you.

Comment

Also, this board, like many others including media outlets I imagine, is a bit slow because it's a long weekend, some of the support staff responsible for 'servicing' the boards probably on vaca and unavailable to post 'pending' replies to messages.

Those who post regularly may be away from the key board or not posting regularly because they are BBQing with family, friends, on vaca, catching up after vaca, etc., and taking a break from the board.

I don't think you would get better than 3+hrs service from time Q asked to question A service even if you were compensating someone for the service.

Comment

CDRs

Please check SSA's website for general information - it really is a very good resource - www.ssa.gov or www.socialsecurity.gov.

Here's some basic information regarding CDRs, kryptonite - http://www.socialsecurity.gov/ssi/text-cdrs-ussi.htm.

Rich
          Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Originally posted by MSW1963 View Post

I don't think you would get better than 3+hrs service from time Q asked to question A service even if you were compensating someone for the service.

MSW1963....not sure where you came up with the 3+ hrs thing.
            Thanks for the information, Rich.

Comment

Hi there kryptonite, after re-reading my post I realized how mean I sound. I'm really sorry because it wasn't my intention. I must have been a tab bit annoyed on a bad day, but you didn't deserve such an angry sounding reply.

I probably thought the 3p and 6p posting was on the same day.

I hope you accept my applogy.

Comment

SSDI reveiws

Don't know if this will be any help to you but , my understanding is not everyone with MS is reviewed as often as others. it goes 3 yrs. 5 yrs. 7 yrs. I too was DX in 2009 and my award letter shows a review in 7 yrs.
                They will look over my medical records and have there DR. see me . if they find I'm still disabled I will keep getting SSDI checks , if not checks will stop.

Comment

ms and insurance

I live in tennessee and they told me there was no medicaid or any other insurance for disabled persons but their website says different and the 2013 medicare says there is medicai for disabled folks but when I called I was told no. My medical bills are pilling up about 14,000 at present and I have blue cross but I had to get a high deductable to afford the costs of the insurance. next year I will have medicare but I don't know if the part d will cover my medicines which are 6,000 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by zero54 View Post
                    I live in tennessee and they told me there was no medicaid or any other insurance for disabled persons but their website says different and the 2013 medicare says there is medicai for disabled folks but when I called I was told no. My medical bills are pilling up about 14,000 at present and I have blue cross but I had to get a high deductable to afford the costs of the insurance. next year I will have medicare but I don't know if the part d will cover my medicines which are 6,000 a month.
                    Medicare covers 80% of prescriptions, but not all meds so you would have to get a list.

I am not sure about every state and Medicaid, some states have seemed to cut back on state assistance programs.

I recommend speaking to your states health agency.

Good luck and take care,

Tasha, dx RRMS in 95, on gilenya for 2 yrs

Comment

[QUOTE=tspaulding;1426964]Medicare covers 80% ... Wrong! What it pays is determined by what stage of coverage you are in. It ranges from nothing to 95%. With DMDs you spend most of the year at 95% since they are so expensive, the Donut Hole is a blink of the eyes.
                      Bill
                      Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Working...
                      X