Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved as of 4/1/13

Hello all,

I was forced to apply for SSDI through my LTD policy via my last job. I applied last Sept 2012. I found out today that I was approved but only as of 4/1/13. This seems to be due to a Psych eval I had which showed I had cognitive slowing and fatigue in July 2013. So, they took that back 3 months which leaves me eligible as of 4/1/13.

So, my "LTD Policy" (read: loan company) says I have to pay them back for the benefits they paid me since 3/1/2012. SSDI has approved me for much sooner than they LTD has been paying me. They said that I had to appeal if I was denied. Does this now mean I have to appeal back to the original date of my SSDI application?

I hope this makes sense and someone can tell me what I may expect.

Thanks,

Inga

Hi, notswedish1. I doubt that they would force you to appeal because there are risks in appealing, however, you need to discuss this with your LTD carrier. This is an LTD policy question and although certainly related to Social Security disability issues, it is not something that we directly address here. I hope that it all works out for you.

Rich
    Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
    X