How can I find a reputable lawyer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I find a reputable lawyer?

Hi I'm looking for a reputable lawyer in southwest Florida. It's harder that you think. I met with a few in my area and they were awful. One even showed up at the consultation with sandals on and looked like he was 20. One didn't show at all. I was told at the consultation something came up and he would call. He didn't.
    I've looked online and the ones that look like they have a promising reputation won't serve my area.
    I need to get this process started. It's been an emotional rollercoaster ride since my short term disability for my work decided after 2 months that Chronic Migraines, MS and Fibromyalgia are not good enough reasons to keep me out of my mandatory 10 hour work days on my feet and on a computer.
    If my short term disability has closed my claim is it even worth applying to social security? I'm tired, sick and frustrated but my doctors are urging me to proceed with disability. Suggestions?

Have you looked online outside of your area? The reason I ask is because some representatives work with people remotely and if the client goes to a hearing they send a rep over to the hewring, other than that they can do all the work from their office where ever it may be.

I have MS and work for a SS disability company that does just that (good profession to be in with this condition).

Comment

Check with your local chapter of the NMSS, National MS Society, for a referral list of SS attorneys.

I think Rich might have access to some attorney resources.

Best of luck and take care.

Comment

Working...
      X