CAN I WORK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAN I WORK

I am broke. I have not worked for over a year and have been waiting on ssdi. I was wondering if I could TRY to work maybe a few hours a week without hurting my ssdi case. My lawyer's office says yes, but I have heard no.

Has anyone else worked part-time and still got approved for ssdi?
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

I will let you know... I have my hearing on June 5th and am working 5-6 hours a week. It's all I can handle but I have to. I'm a single mom, maxed credit cards led to bankruptcy, I'm maxed out my school loan amounts for a lifetime, I had to. Welfare in this state is not enough to survive. I'm crossing my fingers I get approved. I absolutely have to, otherwise we will be homeless.
    Diagnosed Aug. 2011 - Currently on Tysabri

Comment

yes

I was working very part time (2 days a month-$100)when I was approved.....when the local office called me I discussed it with her and explained it was mostly telephone interviews and I wrote reports from home and emailed them in. She replied that was fine as long as I didn't increase the amount without checking with them.

There is a dollar amount a person can earn before SS labels a person 'employable' I believe it is around $750 a month.

SSI is different.$1.00 will be deducted for every $2.00 earned over $50.

Good luck and hopefully Rich will answer soon
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Working...
      X