Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a judge hearing in April. A vocational expert will testify? What/Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a judge hearing in April. A vocational expert will testify? What/Who?

The basis of my disability is the fatigue. I have PPMS. Diagnosed at age 54, ended up retiring at 55. Really early and way ahead of plan. This vocational expert has me puzzled.

Also SS sent me to a shrink who asked me questions about my emotions but nothing about my MS. Normal? SS has not sent me to any doctor about MS. So wondering how this will go. Being represented by Binder and Binder.

Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

Had a vocational expert at my last ALJ hearing. This is just some guy that looks into his book and spits out meaningless jobs that you can do. Like for he said I could be a parking lot attendant or collect tolls on the turnpike.

My lawyer put him in his place after each one of these crazy jobs he spouted out that I could do.

Good Luck, stay tough and hang in there.

Comment

I also had a vocational expert at my hearing and like fivepointstar said it's a guy who sits and tells the judge the classification of the type of work you did and how many jobs like that are in your area currently and other jobs you would be qualified for.

My attorney told me that I have to relate my symptoms to the lowest possible job and I don't mean to be disrespectful here, but for example, a Walmart greeter. The vocational expert may say that you can do that job, regardless of being overqualified. That's their job so when I went in front of the judge, I told him the truth. I take frequent naps from fatigue, I have bowel and urinary issues so I am constantly running to the bathroom, etc. based on my explanations there is no way I could even be a Walmart greeter.

I hope I've explained this correctly. The Xpert doesn't pass judgement or refute your sx, he just tells the judge the jobs that you can do

GOOD LUCK!!
      Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
      RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
      Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Comment

Working...
      X