Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chance to reclaim Private Disability Insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chance to reclaim Private Disability Insurance?

I was diagnosed and working in 2000. 11/2004 I volunteered to a Lay Off as advised by my Neurologist to change. I had a private Disability Insurance I participated in for 10+ years with this employer. I'm now on SSDI for 2+ years and times are tough
    This decision was made based on emotional decision even though I have a long record to that point of making "logical" decisions. 95% of myMRI issues are in the Cognative areas of my brain.
    Wondering if there might be a chance of appealing going back to the more lucrative Private Insurance as the decision was not logical to leave without utilizing the insurance I had paid for 10+ years on.
    Looking for advise.
    Thanks

Your disability would have to have occurred during the coverage period, while the policy was in force.

You must meet the policy requirement by filing a claim for payment, and if the claim was denied, you must meet/have met the deadline allowed for filing an appeal.

The insurer is required to state all reasons for denying a claim in denial letters sent to claimiants. You can appeal the denial of claim for benefit payment by stating your reasons for disagreement; or by perfecting the claim and providing proof that the basis for denying benefits were actually met, providing additional documentation, if necessary.

For example if claim payment is denied for non-payment of premium, you can appeal claim payments denied to you by providing proof of timely premium payments you made.

There is also the possible that the statute of limitations has run out. Your are allowed a certain period of time to file a claim.

You should contact an attorney about a possible claim payment you may be entitled to.

Best of luck and take care.

Comment

Working...
    X