Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My SS Disability examiner has sent my file back to the Social Security office.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SS Disability examiner has sent my file back to the Social Security office.

Hello,
    I applied for SS disability online on Aug. 15th 2012. (Lung Disease). After weeks went by. I spoke with the disability examiner quite a few times, about medical records and other things. She sent me a letter, to go and have a physical and a breathing test done, on Dec. 3rd 2012. I did, and I did not hear anything since the test.
    So, I called her, (the examiner) today, 01/28/2013 and all she said was that a decision had been made, and that my file was sent back to the SSA office, for them to finish it, and that it would be approx. two weeks, and I should receive a letter from them.
    But she did not tell me if I was denied or not. Is this normal? Do they send my file back to the SSA office. What should I expect?
    Thank You,
    Judy

more

All I wanted to know, is if anyone else was told the same thing? If so, what happened?

Comment

It is normal, Judy, that a file does go back to the Social Security office after the state agency has completed their work. The state agency is hired by the Social Security Administration to work-up the file.

Sometimes cases go to a quality review branch to review the state agency's decision before the file (usually electronic file; not a paper file) gets back to the local Social Security office.

You could contact your local office to obtain status.

Rich
      Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Hi
        I posted earlier about a letter I received from disability office saying that I needed to go to my dr ASAP. Not one of their docs, I have already been to their doc a few weeks ago. I re read the letter and along with it saying I needed to go to my dr it also said that my file may no longer be in that office, and it made me think of you post. Have you heard anymore on yours?

Comment

Working...
        X