Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just left my job last night!

Hi,

Although I tried very hard to keep a job, I walked out last night simply because I just cannot do the job I was hired for. I was hired to be a food and beverage manager (Have been in hospitality since age 8) last night I had to fill in and cook and totally lost control of myself. I am fatigued, in pain and have difficulty concentrating or even remembering what I am working on at any given time. I keep having "electrical" shocks in my head at various times and I am constantly dropping things. My balance and coordination are awful at times. I just cannot do the job anymore. I need to apply for Disability benefits but don't know where to start! Help! I have a family to support.

Start from the beginning

Go to your SS office or their website SSA.gov. Fill out the appropriate forms. They will send you an in-depth application. You will need a letter from your doctor. I'm he has done this before and then you wait and see. I believe you have to be out of work for three months before you are eligible. In the meantime go on unemployment. Walking off the job is never a good idea. Couldn't they find another job for you. I was a hotel manager when I stopped working. Management worked with me as much as they could, but I couldn't keep up with the stress. You can also find a lawyer to work with, it might speed things up. Good Luck

Comment

You said you walked off your job but did you quit your job? If you quit you can't collect unemployment. And if your claiming to be disabled and not able to work because of disability then you can't also collect unemployment because unemployment requires that you are ready, willing and able to work. And if your still working you can't claim to be disabled and not able to work. You can't be able to work and not able to work at the same time. Getting a disability lawyer might be a good idea. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
      X