Ssdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ssdi

Welp, just got my second denial letter..they say that it shows I have ms,bipolar,anxiety,PTSD,memory and cognitive difficulties. Although you may experience some fatigue and discomfort, I still have adequate strength in my arms and legs. I am also able to walk and stand without aids. And thru evidence in my file I am able to to adjust to other work..yea, thanks I was a surgery technologist, a skilled job that I made good money at and now what do they want me to do? I have not worked in year now. I tried using my arms and legs all day, it was not good and I'm on high doses of adderal.. And still have fatigue... Sorry for the rant..

Originally posted by bentvalve View Post
    Welp, just got my second denial letter..they say that it shows I have ms,bipolar,anxiety,PTSD,memory and cognitive difficulties. Although you may experience some fatigue and discomfort, I still have adequate strength in my arms and legs. I am also able to walk and stand without aids. And thru evidence in my file I am able to to adjust to other work..yea, thanks I was a surgery technologist, a skilled job that I made good money at and now what do they want me to do? I have not worked in year now. I tried using my arms and legs all day, it was not good and I'm on high doses of adderal.. And still have fatigue... Sorry for the rant..
    If I had adequate strength in my arms and legs and was able to walk, I would still have my job. Just sayin. I am very disabled yet I got denied too. I do understand the fatigue. The question is;how bad is it? Do you require just sitting down or do you actually have to lie down and cat nap. If I could still walk normally there is a lot I could still do. I am jealous of the people that have less severe MS than I do. Seriously. Severe MS sufferers have no life.

Comment

I sleep all day if u let me.yes, I can walk. I can't stand on both feet too long. U also got to understand I was a surgical technologist. My fine motor skills are gone,I have tremors. I can't even use a screw driver more than once. My hands cramp up. If I over do it with my arms, and legs its like walk thru wet sand, and my arms get really heavy. I'm not comparing mine to urs, because ms sucks at any level. I'm not sure of what it is they think I can do besides sit in a chair and answer phones for $3 a hr..

Comment

Oh, I agree this disease sucks at any level. I have a good friend that has MS in a much less severe level than myself. She can/does work however she has her bad days too. I never knew she had the disease until after I got it. She hid it well. I think back and I notice certain things now that didn't even dawn on me then. She is not disabled like you or I are but she's fully aware that she will end up that way in some form at some point in her life.

They also have forms for mental capacity as well. I think I am going to cover my bases and get one of those done as well.
        It really sucks have to go through this crap when none of this is your fault. Good luck to you with everything.

Comment

Hello, diomed and bentvalve. Sorry to hear about the second denial, bentvalve. Proving disability in a Social Security claim involves a number of factors. It looks like the Social Security Administration denied your claim at step 4 of the 5 step sequential adult disability evaluation process. This means that they said you could not perform your past relevant work, but denied you at step 5, stating that there was other work that you could perform. That is important to know. This tells us that your claim was not approved at step 3, which considers this Listings of Impairments. The Listings are set forth here - http://www.ssa.gov/disability/profes...ltListings.htm.

So there is a lot involved in considering whether or not one is disabled and one must be strategic in pursuing one's claim, that is, know what one must prove under the law to establish disability. This is where a lawyer comes in. A lawyer should know what has to be established under the law and go about proving disability based upon the facts (including the medical evidence, doctors' opinions and what you say about your disability) and the law.

Rich
          Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
          X