Cost of Living Adjustments (COLA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news - the Social Security Administration has raised benefits by 3.6% because of a cost of living adjustment.

Some of the key numbers are:

SSI benefits for individuals have been raised from $698/month to $710/month;

Substantial Gainful Activity Threshold for non-blind individuals has been raised from $1,010/month to $1,040/month; and

The Trial Work Period amount has been raised from $720/month to $750/month.

For all the numbers, please see: http://www.ssa.gov/pressoffice/colafacts.htm.

Rich
    Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Rich is 3.6 correct? paperwork I rcvd from SS shows 1.7 %
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

CORRECTION - 2013 COLA PERCENTAGE

You are correct Scooter24. I came online to post the correction and I saw your post; thank you.

The COLA is 1.7% for 2013. Here is a link to SSA's website where the correct percentage is stated: http://www.ssa.gov/pressoffice/pr/2013cola-pr.html.

Rich
      Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

I think social security an dothe rgovt bobies need to aim at providing some cheaper and affordable health and living facilities, so that all people could avail these with ease. As a lot of people are unable to afford even very basic health and living facilities.

Comment

Working...
        X