I was approved today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was approved today!

I got a phone call from my attorney today, he said I got a favorable decision but the only thing was the judge disagreed when I became disabled so I had to send in a letter stating I was in agreement with the desicion and now im waiting for the approval letter to come in. It's been 20 months and 2 denials . Question: attorneys assistant said my local office determines amount of monthly benefit, do you know if they give anything extra if you have a minor child? I think I remember calling ssa last year and they told me no, because i will be getting from ssi and ssdi does that sound right? I will be getting the minimum amount I think 700.00 per month.

If you are receiving SSDI, your dependents are eligible. SSI benefits are only for the applicant.

SSI benefits are based on the needs of the individual and are only paid to the qualifying person. There are no spouse's, children's or survivors benefits payable.

Comment

SSDI An interesting and frustrating experience

Glad to see you go approved. I am having nothing more than problems applying. They constatly tell me they do not have forms and information. All of this has been provided more than 3 times in the local office and copies mailed to the regional office. They have told me my application is no valid and the process stopped, another day they tell me my application contains mixed messages and so they cannot continue, then they tell me that the appication has been passed onto the regional office for initial decision, then they tell me all of the above again. Fed up with queing to see someone at the office (at opening time there are well over 20 people waiting). Advised not to involve a lawyer until I am rejected and will appeal. You can read how frustrated and angry I am. Any thoughts, encouragement really is welcome

Comment

Baden

When you drop papers off at the local office, which I would highly recommend. Save the paper that gives you your number for in line. We get a printed paper with a number and the time you got it. If you do not get one like that, don't worry.

When you give your papers to the person. They should stamp it with the date and mark it with the section of your local representative's work area. Make sure it is also marked with their name.

I demanded some form of identifiction from the person that took my papers. They gave me the last four digits of their work id number. They may choose to give you their first name. I also sat down after talking to that person to write down the physical description of that person.

Surprisingly, they stopped loosing my papers after that.
        God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Working...
        X