Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, everyone - I'm still here; I'm still here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, everyone - I'm still here; I'm still here!

I will be back by Tuesday to continue to answer your posts. I hope that everyone has a good Labor Day weekend.

Rich
    Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

When to apply for SSDI

Hi Rich,
    I hope you had a good holiday weekend.I am 54 and have been on STD from my job since July and will have to go on LTD which I pay into from my benefits. I have been having muscle weekness and headaches and per my neuro will have to have carpel tunnel surgery. I already let the ins co know about this surgery and cannot return to my job in Oct which is what they have me scheduled for. I know that I cannot go back to work due to cog issues and balance problems, when can I start to apply for SSDI? I have been doing some checking and was told I must be out of work for at least 1 yr but others say to start applying within a few months of my STD. Can you let me know, I can't continue to work it's just too difficult for me. Thank you.
    Maggienor

Comment

Working...
    X