Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FERS Disability and SS Disability

Hi!

I was approved for FERS disability retirement and I'm still in the process for SS disability benefits. Just got a letter this week that SS, at their expense, wants a psych evaluation.

Just wondering why they are asking for more medical evaluations, if FERS was approved with the same information I have already provided SS.

Thanks for your time.
    First episode with third pregnancy
    On my fourth med: Tysabri since Jan 2013
    Proud mommy of three children

Rich, others, can you please answer this question? What do they usually look for in this type of evaluations?

Thanks.

Originally posted by sexygatubela View Post
    Hi!

I was approved for FERS disability retirement and I'm still in the process for SS disability benefits. Just got a letter this week that SS, at their expense, wants a psych evaluation.

Just wondering why they are asking for more medical evaluations, if FERS was approved with the same information I have already provided SS.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Good idea, to boot this up, since it hadn't been answered. I'm sorry; I don't have any knowledge, or I'd try to give you some input. Hopefully, Rich will be along soon.

~ Faith
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I guess thank you for nothing. My appointment came and went and I got no input about this. Of course, I called SS and they gave me no clue either.

Comment

By FERS are you referring to the Federal Employee Retirement System? It may help to explain the acronym as most people probably aren't sure what FERS is. How did the SS appointment go?

Comment

Hi MS TOO:

Thanks for responding!

Yes, that is what FERS stands up for.

The appointment went well (I guess), but SS is still waiting for the doctor's report. I spoke to them last about 2 weeks ago and they were inquiring the doctor about the delay and to submit the report. When that gets in, I was told I should have a response soon after. That is all they are waiting for to make a decision.

Wish me luck!

Comment

Working...
            X