Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letter said I was denied ssi but recieving benifits from socoial security?????Im not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter said I was denied ssi but recieving benifits from socoial security?????Im not

I didn't expect to get ssi. I understood my husband made to much to qualify for that. I was applying for my state disability which from what I understood is just the money I had paid in and isnt really alot but was also told my children would draw off me as well.

I was told a decision was made on my case and letters were sent out with the decision 7/17/12. So far I have only recieved one letter from ssi saying I was denied, they believe I can still work part time..... but then it got to the social security part and it says they sent my paperwork there and I was denied there due to the benifits I already am recieving.

I am not recieving any social security benifits tho!!! I am so confused! I have called the Social Security Office and they say I need to call the state disabilty office. I call them and all they say is they can not speak to me over the phone regarding my decision I need to speak to my worker. I have left her 2 messages a week with my social security # phone #and reason Im calling and she has neverr called me back.

I give her 48 hours between each message, that should be plenty of time in my opinion, I dont wanna hire a lawyer now that everything is done. Should I just wait longer for a letter from social security or what? This has been ongoing for 1 1/2 years and I really need some kind of desicion. Im just tired of being in limbo. Thanks for your advice

I always recommend Allsup dot com, they worked quickly for me. It will be worth the money in the end.

The calling on the phone and not getting a response is probably the office hoping you will just give up and go away (my opinion).

P.S. NEVER leave your Soc Sec number on a voicemail!
    ~Kim in NV~ Dx RRMS on the Spring Equinox 2008 , at age 44. *Aubagio* That which does not kill us only makes us stronger

Comment

got some answers

I got some answers yesterday
      It turned out a desicion was made on my case but then it was pulled back for a sample review???? The lady couldnt really tell me what it was but said I would be notified when it was over.... What does all this mean?

Comment

Hi, mommy. Sorry for the late reply here. We have had a lot of hearings recently. Unfortunately, due to the economy and people working with disabilities, but now being unable to work (and the aging baby boomers), the numbers of people applying for benefits has increased. This is something that the Social Security Administration has expected.

Your case was probably sent to a Disability Quality Review Branch. Do you have a decision yet?

Hope it worked out well.

Rich
        Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

I was denied ssi because they said I could work and I was denied social security because It says because I am working but I'm not working. Yes I still hold a valid Real Estate license but thats just because it does not expire until 2014. It is not hung with any broker and hasn't been for over a year. I took my license back from my old broker before I even applied. I am trying to get copies of my file from the social security office because we recently moved and I can't find my files in all the boxes but once I have them I am hiring a lawyer. I don't understand how I can be denied when I have my nuero, primary dr, and pain managment dr all saying I'm disabled.

Comment

i went to my congressmans office after 9 months of run arounds and i was approve 3 weeks later. they said i could work also and all my doctors told them no i couldn't do to me not being able to walk and functions. but in the end i got it. never give up. thats what they want you to do. good luck

Comment

Hi, mommyto3angels. I hope that everything is working out for you. Yep, a good idea to contact an attorney to get to the bottom of this.

Rich
              Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
              X