Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Approved...but sent to Quality Review..Huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved...but sent to Quality Review..Huh?

I sooo hope someone can relieve my anxiety by answering a few questions.

I I called SSA today for case status update. They said I was approved for SSDI but sent to quality review May 9th. What is quality review? What is the possibility that this is reversed? Are they even supposed to tell me I was approved on the phone? I am just paranoid this info is not reliable.

Thanks so much....

Hi, Jillshye. This component of SSA reviews the state agency's decisions for accuracy. They could be reviewing a denial or an approval. I hope that you have good news.

Rich
    Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

State quality review....

Usually I stay quiet about stuff.....in my case, I went through two "quality reviews" before being denied...I wad told that I should be abke to go back into the classroom and teach music again. As if music were the only thing! Allsup is handling my protest, with my case in the docket in the cue. My case is also marked with "congressional disposition", though I doubt that will speed my case up.

My pcp wrote them again about a month ago, telling them that it was preposterous and unrealistic to expect me to go back into the classroom. I have disabling arthritis and other problems along with multiple sclerosis.

I also just have proven I cannot handle any additional work.

So, I'm hanging in there and still managing to keep my humor.

Comment

Working...
      X