Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Rich re: former employer

Hi Rich,

I was just denied for Disability for the third time. *sigh* The letter this time said that they didn't have any proof that I couldn't keep a job.

I wrote in every form and spoke w/ anyone who would listen about my story - I had the best job for someone w/ MS and still couldn't keep the attendance policy. I was absent quite often and the last few months of my employment I was on medical leave. Unfortunately, the company went under and their records seem to be missing. Do you have any suggestions as to "proof?" Would it be helpful for me to get letters from previous managers stating how frequently I missed work - or would that even be admissible?

I'd greatly appreciate any help/advice. Thank you.

Hi, MomtoMiracle. The most important evidence in these cases, other than what you allege, is medical records and the opinion of your neurologist. Have you been in treatment? Also, I am not sure what the status of your case is or the other particulars of your claim so I am just asking you a general question based upon what I think you are asking.

Rich
    Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
    X