approved for ssi and ssdi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

approved for ssi and ssdi?

My question is if someone is accepted for ssi and ssdi, do both give backpay? This is so confusing. I am suppose to go to the alj hearing in august. SS told me my benefit if approved would be 612 from ssdi and 85 from ssi and i wouldnt be eligible for benefits for my son who is 6 because between ssi and ssdi its the maximum? Will i get backpay from ssi and ssdi?

Hi, Donna. Whether you will receive past due benefits in your Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) claim will depend upon a number of factors including your alleged onset date, the determined onset date and your application date. In SSDI claims, one can receive benefits up to one year prior to the application date, and even earlier if prior applications are reopened. In SSI claims, one cannot receive benefits prior to one's application date, or prior reopened application date.

If you are represented by an attorney, speak with you attorney regarding this. If you are not, speak with Social Security. Good luck to you.

Rich
    Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
    X