SSI hearing coming up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSI hearing coming up...

I applied for my SS\I the 1st time & was denied. I was told it was because the way I filled out my paperwork... I needed to fill them out as " My Worst" days. I also left out a bunch.
    I do have an attorney now & we have a hearing date for March.
    1. I didn't work enough for anything but SSI. It has been almost 2 years of waiting for this day... Not sure what has taken so long.
    2. Anyway I am confused as to why they sent me to a therapist... The lady wrote that I could communicate... Sure but my attorney seems to think that goes against me. So, what is that about?
    3. I haven't had to see any other doctor at all... Seems my Neurologist was fine or does it mean anything? I've heard others say they have had to see an appointed Neurologist.
    4. How long will it take If I am awarded for SSI back pay to come in? I read 90 days?
    Thank you for any information.
    Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
    Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

Don't feel bad - I was denied because I have a college degree and can still walk. Lucky me, hu?

I hear the back pay comes in quick once you are approved. Good luck!

Comment

march 22

I been dealing with this since 2009, finally march 22 is my date I got denied 2 times I go before alj or whatever its called I did see there psy and she seem.to think I should have it .they had other ssi doctors on there I did not see but they wrote stuff about me that not true and they haven't even seen me .also one of my letters said I was to educated and can do something else.so frustrating .so let's hope by April were both approved please let me know good luck.

Comment

The longest delays in the system are at the hearing level where it can take a year or longer to have your hearing scheduled, although SSA has been valiantly working to reduce the backlog with some success. By now you've had your hearing angelpatch and I hope that it went well and that you were able to resolve your questions with your attorney.

Rich
        Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Thanks for replying. I still have not heard anything... I was told I'd get a phone call at some point asking me a few questions and that call has never come..... I also still do not have an Approval Letter in my hands...
          I have tried to call my attorney many times & am told "We haven't heard anything yet either.... Will call when we do".
          I am just so stressed; which has caused' my MS to start to act up even more. I am exhausted with this whole process.

Any advice? I sure would Appreciate any. Thanks again.
          Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
          Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

Comment

From where I stand (or sit, as the case may be) angelpatch, I'll give you some unsolicited advice. Take a deep breath and do anything to distract yourself from thinking about this, to best of your abilities. Watch a funny TV show. Step outside and get a breath of fresh air.

Yes, this can be a very stressful process, unfortunately. As an attorney representing claimants in these matters, I take on a lot of that stress, but I also have the benefit of being one level removed from the process, that is, it is not me going through this process, so I am able to be more objective and see the bumps in the road (e.g., denials) with less emotion. I say, "Ok, so this is just part of the process. We'll move through this and keep on pushing on."

I hope that you are able to find some relief from your stress and that all goes well with you and your case.

Rich
            Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
            X