2nd review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd review

We have heard that our Disability has received a determination, but that it is now going through a 2nd review in another department. What does this mean and is it a common occurance to have a 2nd review. Does the 2nd review overturn the first determination. We have been given indications that it was approved, but nothing in writing and now this 2nd review. Now I'm concerned.

It is standard for a supposedly random sample of completed applications to be reviewed so that SSDI can assure your application was processed correctly. I hope this helps.
    I don't fall, the floor attacks me. The corner of the bed is in on it too.

Comment

It is an Audit thing, they are just checking a randomly selected list of cases, should not affect the decision.
      Bill
      Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Well, now hold on a minute wkikta. What you said is not accurate. The DQB (Disability Quality Review Branch) review of the state agency's decision CAN reverse DDS's decision. In fact, it happened just recently to a client of mine. He was approved for interim SSI benefits pending a final decision, and then...they reversed themselves. So we are trying to win now at the Reconsideration level. So DDS can affirm, reverse or send the case back to DDS to correct errors or revise their decision. Hope it goes well for you, muse_7.

Rich
        Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
        X