Does anyone have Sjogrens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have Sjogrens?

I have had many symptoms in the last year that I'm thinking points to Sjogrens. I know I probably shouldn't begin to self-diagnose, especially since some of the symptoms overlap MS. Some do not, like dry eye and dry mouth and very dry skin. All of these are being treated by my dentist, my ophthalmologist and the use of lots of lotions for my skin, but it's not helping me that much.

I wonder if anyone else has been diagnosed with this and if so, how are you treating it? I probably need to check in with my doctor as it can be dx with blood work. Any suggestions or thoughts are welcomed!
    Last edited by Seasha; 04-29-2024, 10:03 AM.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Yes, I am diagnosed with Sjogrens. They found it thru a blood test. But, as you say many symptoms are similar to MS. I see a rheumatologist. He does blood work a couple times a year but other than that there is no treatment.

Comment

I haven't been diagnosed, but do have both dry eye and dry mouth.

For the dry eyes, I use a prescription eye drop 2/x day. Currently Xiidra, but may switch to Restasis due to insurance issues. They are similar, Xiidra is fast acting, where as Restasis takes time to build up to provide relief. During allergy season, usually need to supplement with OTC systane. Having a humidifier is also helpful. I see the opthalmologist 2x/year and he measures the dryness.

I did also have an Rx for artificial saliva, but I stopped it and try to manage with sugar free gum and lots of water and limit dehydrating food and drink. I just didn't like the medicine. I do mostly ok.

Since no cure, I wasn't in a hurry to get another diagnosis. And since symptoms are being managed, ok with that.

Good luck.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks Ginny and pennstater. My eye dr. recommends Pataday eye drops (1x daily in each eye) and SootheXP eye drops( preservative free 1-2 drops per eye as often as I need). My dentist has me on some dry mouth toothpaste.

After hearing from you, I guess there is nothing else I can do Sigh.... I will look into buying a humidifier.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X