Dizziness in the mornings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dizziness in the mornings

I'm just curious whether anyone else finds that their balance is really bad first thing in the morning but gets better after they've been up and about for awhile?

When I first get out of bed I'm almost at the wall walking stage but within a few minutes things improve and as long as I don't move my head too fast I'm ok. It's almost as if I need to re-tune my balance centre every morning.

For me, I can tell quality of sleep I get. I am like that if I slept too little, was too restless, or stayed in bed too long

Then, I am as you
    described. Otherwise, ok.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

May be "drop foot"

When I was first dx (10 yrs ago), I learned that my tripping and falling was worsened by "drop foot". I felt like my left foot had a mind of its own and was disconnected from my ankle and leg! I'd be walking along and my left foot would shoot out from under me and I'd fall or stumble, or if walking up stairs (even just one step), my foot didn't get the message to lift and cause me to trip. I have since learned that "drop foot" is common. Mine gradually went away as I began using Avonex.

I am now secondary progressive and off all MS meds. I do, unfortunately, have reoccurrence of the drop foot, tripping and falling. My left knee and hip also give out more frequently or my left knee locks up--it's from one extreme to the other! However, I also have osteoarthritis in my knees, hip, feet, hands, elbow, neck, and spine. So add MS + OA and you get lots of pain and absence of coordination. I just laugh at myself now when stumbling, what else ya gonna do?!! However, in the field of hope--My GP is now sending me to see an Orthopedic doc though to see about custom braces for my knee, maybe that will help.

Comment

Working...
      X