Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do your shoes last?

Hello from Limbo Land,

My legs feel like two lead weights, and I was wondering how long do your shoes last? I bought a pair of Reeboks last April and wore them primarily from April 2015 to January of this year. Since then, I have wore them a half-dozen times, maybe. Upon examining the soles, I noticed they were terribly worn out, especially at the heels and toes. I'm not a runner, but I've noticed my shoes have about a six month life span. However, I still use my shoes when they should be retired, as I am a cheapo.

Attached in this post is the visual evidence.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**

Left shoe

My left shoe always wears out the fastest because that leg is weak and drags. So I had to eventually toss my favourite pair because I'd worn out the heel so bad. I need someone to invent super MS proof shoes for us! Any takers?! I'm a cheap o when it comes to myself so I'll wear them to death and gave in when my foot was getting wet.
    DX 2005 RRMS. Did 2nd round of Lemtrada Jan 2018. DX SPMS 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Starla View Post
      I'm a cheap o when it comes to myself so I'll wear them to death and gave in when my foot was getting wet.
      I cracked up when I read that, because I do the exact same thing! Once I feel a breeze, that's when I say goodbye to my shoes.

Comment

Lol

Glad you found that funny! Feels good to have a laugh at MS once and awhile.
        DX 2005 RRMS. Did 2nd round of Lemtrada Jan 2018. DX SPMS 2019

Comment

thats funny about waiting until you feel a breeze then changing shoes does that mean you wear your sox down also. When I'm at home I gave up wearing shoes now I just wear my toes out, no corns or rough skin on my right foot Craig

Comment

Originally posted by dastardly View Post
            thats funny about waiting until you feel a breeze then changing shoes does that mean you wear your sox down also. When I'm at home I gave up wearing shoes now I just wear my toes out, no corns or rough skin on my right foot Craig
            I wear my sox down big time. In fact, friends and family would relentlessly tease me about it. I've gotten bit better about buying new pairs of sox.

Does your right foot look like it has been sanded down?

Comment

No false economies when it come to shoes, please

I've always loved shoes (just like my Mama, I suppose). Certainly the kind of shoes I can wear has changed a lot over the years. No heels; I need toggle laces or velcro or other easy closures and sturdy soles with treads and such. I have good luck with Lands End, and I have no problem returning any that don't fit or don't suit. I used to be a dancer and learned that it was essential to take good care of the feet, since movement is the core of everything. Now, I just want to have the best gait with the most endurance as I can.

To neglect your feet and to let yourself try getting around on broken shoes is a false economy. We who struggle to walk need all the shoe structure we can get. I want to recommend that all those who are wearing out spots in their shoes start buying many more pairs and start trading them off. I try not to wear the same pair for a whole day and certainly not the same pair day after day. I even rotate water shoes since I wear them in the pool everyday. They seem to give out the fastest, taking a beating from aerobics and chlorine.

I've also gotten some shoes repaired at a local cobbler. It's a small business in town. He doesn't charge a lot for a small job, so I don't let a pair of shoes go too far before I let him do his magic.

Stay lifted,
              Mermaid
              "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."

-Henri Amiel

Comment

Working...
              X