Leg problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg problems?

Lately I have had the feeling that my legs are trembling when I walk. I used to have problems walking any distance basically from fatigue and pain. I decided enough of not walking got an Australian Shepherd (high energy dog) and started walking daily with her. I built up to several miles per day no matter the weather and I really felt good. Lately though after about 1/2 mi my legs start to tremble.

The first time I thought maybe it was my blood sugar, I did not eat breakfast, and it feels like the tremble you get if you have a drop in blood sugar, however this is only in my legs not all over. When I got home I ate but it did not help. I make it a point to eat before walking just in case but it is not blood sugar. It has been happening every day now.
    Also at about the same time I started having trouble walking up steps. It feels as if my left thigh does not have enough strength to hold me up.

I have had MS for years and shaking was never a symptom I experienced. I am sure that the walking up stairs thing is MS but shaking not so sure.

This shaking is not anything I can see, when I look at my legs they are perfectly still. Anyone else experience this?

i not only use to have shaky legs, but arms also when they were fatigued. i have been diabetic for over 44 years, and it`s exactly like a low bloodsugar!!! now i experience dizziness too. i`m just lucky like that! roflol
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Thank you Hunterd, so this is probably just another miserable symptom. I just don't want it to be the beginning of the end of my walking. All the walking and hiking have been great for me in so many ways. I am ready for our daily adventure before the dog, my family tells me I am addicted to the walking. In some ways maybe I am, however if that is my addiction that's not so bad!

Comment

When my muscles get fatigued, they shake. Can happen in my arms or my legs. Since your shakiness is happening at a certain distance into your walk, maybe you could adjust your walking
        schedule to be shorter in distance, but more frequently.

Many moons ago when I could walk a mile, every time I hit the 3/4 of a mile mark my legs would start to tingle, and my spasticity would increase. Knowing I only had 1/4 mile left to go helped endure the end of the walk. But my point is, the symptoms that set is were consistent. Same thing with my leg weakness.

At least with my shaky legs, if I give them time to rest, later on they're good to go. I do my household chores, cooking, etc. that way, I call it "in spurts." I do all I can until I get the shakiness, then I rest. Later on, I start up again and do what I can, then I rest. It's not efficient, but it gets the job done.

Comment

tremors

Hi freedom1

My legs do that on occasion too, usually when I go from sitting to standing.

The National MS Society calls that a tremor. There are different kinds of tremor:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym...ymptoms/Tremor

Take Care
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thank you for all of your responses. I don't really want to change my routine, I love to walk/hike. Just me and the dog it is more like a meditation time. Now with winter soon to arrive I will probably scale back on the distance, I am not a fan of ice. I keep hearing the physical therapist who told me use them or lose them.

Comment

Working...
            X