Walking for a cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking for a cause

So me and my husband are registered to do an ms walk on may 3rd. Im so excited to be able to help out with ms. Im just hoping that day i wont have any balance or walking issues at all. This is the first time since my diagnosis i am able to do so.

Has any one done an ms walk? Please share your experience with me on the walk , and how it went and so on. Being so this is my first walk i welcome all opinions and advice . It is not a long walk but i wish it was a little longer then what it is. It is a 2 mile walk , to me that is not long enough, im used to walking 5 to 6 miles. Thats if i feel well of course.

If i over do it i do get my legs wobbling and feeling like jello. My husband is very excited to participate in this also with me thats more then what i can say about my 2 teens , its like they dont want to even acknowledge i have ms , which i understand its hard to accept but i thought they would help with raising awareness. I would love your thoughts on this subject also, because i feel like they dont care about raising awareness.

Thank you all in advance for your advice and opinions .

Hi! I've only been diagnosed for less than a year so I'm not sure if my experience will be helpful for you at all. I also have teens (4 of them, 16, 16, 15 and 14) and a 9 year old. While they know about my diagnosis, we don't talk about it that much. For now, I'm still getting used to what having MS means and I don't want to worry them. I see some families where everyone participates in the MS advocacy/fundraising events but I'm perfectly fine with the fact that we are not there right now. I did one of the longer walks last year and it was really great to be around so many people with MS but I think it would have been overwhelming for my teens as my diagnosis was very new. No real advice….I've decided to just let my teens be teens. They have their own causes they feel passionately about right now (special olympics, older child adoption) and I think thats great.

Comment

Working...
    X