Achilles tendon pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Achilles tendon pain

I have just recently started having pain in my achilles area. It really starts when I get up to do something and try to walk. It feels very tight. Is this part of MS? Has anyone else had this?
    Kim,
    Dx 6/23/08 Avonex 7/08 - 11/11
    Gilenya 02/12 - present

I went through the same thing years ago when I used to run for exercise. Go to your doctor (GP), and get it looked at. There are some pretty serious consequences depending on what it is and what is causing it, I cannot remember what I did, but after about a month rest I was able to continue my running.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Antibiotics?

GA Girl,
      Some antibiotics can cause pain in the Achilles....so if you have take any of those you may want to check with your doctor.

Best wishes that it is just a temporary thing!

Comment

achilles heal pain

Hi I too have been suffering from the same it is indeed very sore. Wondered if it is MS related also. For me it starts when I have been on my feet too long. I am also experiencing swelling of legs and feet and also hands too. I went to the Dr had a x-ray and ultra sound on my Achilles heal and nothing so I currently suffer with it and get off it when it hurts.

Comment

Working...
        X