The clumsiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The clumsiness

The clumsiness has ceased to be funny. When I thought it was "just" clumsiness I could laugh and joke about it. I could have freaking broken something or knocked myself out cold today. It takes the sensations from my legs, my left leg in particular, a second to get to my brain. My nerve conduction study done at least 2 years ago verified this. The delay is just long enough to make me trip any time my lower leg brushes up against something and if I'm not also looking at the ground, down I go.
    CIS DX 2013

I feel for you, MS38...that can be very scary! I am also feeling clumsy, but mine seems to be both from my messed-up legs (spasticity, weakness), but also being off balance a lot, nowadays. I use a cane whenever I feel that 'off'.

I also notice, that I am 'looking down', all the time...I can hardly walk now with my head up...crazy! I am so afraid of falling.

I hope your clumsiness calms down...are your drs. prescribing any meds to help with it? Hang in there, MS38...we are all in your corner! Love and Light...Jan.

Comment

Thanks

Yeah, I don't get to enjoy taking long walks...both eyes on the ground unless I'm standing still.
      CIS DX 2013

Comment

I'm sorry you are dealing with that fear of falling. I know it well. I have near falls daily. Can't believe I haven't had more injuries. I too have to look at the ground when walking. Last time I looked up I tripped and fell on the sidewalk. Can't run anymore either. If I pick up the pace of my walking I get clumsier. I agree not funny.

Comment

This disease is so cruel. Have you had any PT to help with foot drop? Don't know if that is your problem, but PT helps with that, ALSO there is a device called an "AFO" which helps with foot drop.

Sending you good vibes and great wishes for strength!
          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
          X