Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather changes, what has worked for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather changes, what has worked for you?

I live in Southern California, which is supposed to be the best weather in the USA mainland. But we have fast changes in weather. We go from dry to humid back to dry within a few hours. This, I’ve noticed affects my symptoms. I almost always have severe fatigue or vertigo. How long depends on how drastic the shift in humidity. Thunderstorms are the worst.

I am also affected by cold temperatures, not so much hot. And winter is nearly unbearable. Even if it’s 60 degrees I’m freezing and my muscles are stiff.

I guess I’m asking if anyone goes through anything similar and what they’ve found helps.

Originally posted by Crazyguy View Post
    I live in Southern California, which is supposed to be the best weather in the USA mainland. But we have fast changes in weather. We go from dry to humid back to dry within a few hours. This, I’ve noticed affects my symptoms. I almost always have severe fatigue or vertigo. How long depends on how drastic the shift in humidity. Thunderstorms are the worst.

I am also affected by cold temperatures, not so much hot. And winter is nearly unbearable. Even if it’s 60 degrees I’m freezing and my muscles are stiff.

I guess I’m asking if anyone goes through anything similar and what they’ve found helps.
    Hey Crazyguy!

I can definitely relate to symptoms being brought on, or worsened, due to weather changes.

Being too warm or too cold, high humidity, high dew points, pressure changes, and storms all can affect my nerve signaling, which can cause a worsening of symptoms.

I need to keep my environment climate controlled in order for me to function as well as possible.

I recently got a new A/C unit, with remote control, which has helped tremendously.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Although cold temperatures bother me. I have noticed if I’m in a controlled environment for a little while my symptoms go back to baseline. I’m assuming that the ac or heaters dry out the surrounding air.

Comment

Working...
      X