Generic Ampyra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic Ampyra

Accorda (Ampyra company) says stopping assistance program because it is coming out as generic in 2018. BUT Nobody can tell me when that will be & price! Anybody know anything? Looks like I will just have to quit...

It's stressful, I know

All I am told is "call after the first of the year." Even if the "generic" is only half the price, it's still too expensive for me, and not covered at a useful tier of Plan D. I guess I best start saving for a wheelchair. But, I will "call after the first of the year." Good luck, Skeptic.
    Mermaid Susan
    "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."
-Henri Amiel

Comment

Generic Ampyra

Originally posted by MermaidOP View Post
      All I am told is "call after the first of the year." Even if the "generic" is only half the price, it's still too expensive for me, and not covered at a useful tier of Plan D. I guess I best start saving for a wheelchair. But, I will "call after the first of the year." Good luck, Skeptic.
      Mermaid Susan

Put of curiosity call who? Do you have a phone number?

Comment

Amprra

Originally posted by skeptik View Post
        Accorda (Ampyra company) says stopping assistance program because it is coming out as generic in 2018. BUT Nobody can tell me when that will be & price! Anybody know anything? Looks like I will just have to quit...
        I'm on Kaiser Medicare Advantage Plus and just got quoted a copay of $400 for a thirty day supply. Kaiser has an assistance program if you qualify with total gross household income at 350% of the poverty level.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS-OR View Post
          I'm on Kaiser Medicare Advantage Plus and just got quoted a copay of $400 for a thirty day supply. Kaiser has an assistance program if you qualify with total gross household income at 350% of the poverty level.
          Ouch...I am getting $150 copay for my monthly drag, and its already too much

Comment

Ampyra cost

I started taking 4-aminopyridine (4-ap) when my insurance denied coverage for Ampyra. It's the main ingredient in Ampyra. I pay around $40 a month from Skip's pharmacy in Florida. It works for me.

Comment

Ampyra cost

When my insurance denied coverage for me, I switched to 4-aminopyridine, the main ingredient in Ampyra. I get it from Skip's pharmacy in Florida for about $40 a month. It works for me, but I'm no longer walking.

Comment

Working...
              X