Spasm not in legs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spasm not in legs?

Can you have spasticity in your face or head area? Anyone heard of this?

From time to time I get this weird ripple feeling on the side of my head like a spasm and sometimes on the jawline going up into my face I get a spasm.

The jaw one happened the other day while talking to someone, I don't know if they could see it I jerked my hand up there so fast to rub it. I said I bit the inside of my cheek.

So far it hasn't hurt, just felt extremely weird to be on the head and face.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

I had some TMJ issues;
    Plus, I can get a spasm anywhere there is a muscle..I am sure you can too. it get rather disgusting, at times. fed

Comment

yes

I agree with Fed Up, I get spasms in many areas. Many times it is in my feet, or my calfs, other times in my back. At church once, I had such a powerful, unexpected one on my side that I jerked powerfully. Or at times, when it is in my neck, my head bobs or twitches.

Strange looks from everyone around me.
      You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

Yes. I've had muscle spasms in my chin and the front of my neck.

Comment

Absolutely. I get spasms in my feet, mostly at night. But the spasms I get in my neck are the worst.

Muscles love wet heat, a massage therapist told me. I have an adjustable shower head so I can let hot water beat on my neck for few minutes. I also take a wet towel and microwave for one minute on each side, then wrap it around my neck.

BE CAREFUL! It Will Be HOT! Let it cool a bit and/or wrap it in another towel first. I soak my feet with epsom salt and use a washcloth to wrap the warmer water around my calves.

I do these every day, and the towel thing before going to bed. It helps to relax the muscles.

Comment

Working...
          X