Not sure what is happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what is happening

A few years ago, I started getting weekly massages after an episode where my muscles had become "hypertonic" after a lovely spinal tap. I also started seeing a naturopath and was taking a lot of supplements and diet changes by her. Since then, most days I am ok, but I cannot do receptive motion stuff with my upper body, like shovel snow or my back and shoulders become hypertonic.

Now, I am struggling with under the shoulder blades, but mid-back kinda weird pain. It is so bad that I get a very bad headache from pain radiating up from there and I get the urge to go to the bathroom frequently (no diarrhea) and vomit violently. The worse episode was just a few days ago. The pain does not feel like normal tight muscle spasm like pain. Almost 'zingy" and when I put my chin to my chest, it feels like I am pulling against a tight band and it makes me feel like I will pass out. Nothing stops the pain there or in my head except a lot of vomiting and time. It took 2 full days in bed to recover from this. The day before this had happened, I rode my bike 10 miles in a strong headwind and it was really a hard ride. I know I overexerted myself.

I see my neuro on 25 JUN. I am just looking for opinions on if this is a form of spasticity or something else. I have not had any new symptoms in years and this has been a gradual change in the last year with this new back thing.

I also find exercising to be much harder. I wear a heart rate monitor and after a summer of cycling 3 days a week and walking another one or 2 days, my heart rate never improves and I feel each time I exercise it is the first time in months with the amount of strength I perceive in my muscles and how fast I fatigue. Hard to stay with a routine if you see no improvement.

Thanks everybody for listening. I've not been on in a long time.
Working...
X