Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you feel your leg is disconnected from your body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you feel your leg is disconnected from your body?

I don't know if it is part of spasticity, but lately, my left leg, from the knee down, feels disconnected...like I can't control it. This leg is also where I have the most numbness, about 30%, I would guess). It kind of feels like something similar to cerebral palsy, from what little I know of it...my lower leg and foot, just kind of flops around when I walk...it feels really strange.

Does anyone else have this experience, or feeling? (I have a feeling that it doesn't 'look' as bad as it feels to me...like maybe it is just a sensation...although, I can see my foot swing outward when walking). Anyway...thank you, in advance! Love and Light, all! Jan.

It sounds more like foot drop than spasticity. Going to see a physical therapist would be a good idea. They can assess your walking and fit you with an orthotic device.

Hope you feel better soon!

Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Thanks, Lisa...I wondered about foot drop. That makes more sense. And...I have actually just begun seeing a PT...she is very good...we will see how she can help me. She did state that I am not at the point of needing an AFO yet (I think that is what they are called). Thanks again, Lisa. Love and Light. Jan.

Comment

Working...
      X