baclofen question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baclofen question

I went to the neuro on Monday. He wants to increase my baclofen from 10 mg 3 x a day to 20 mg 3x a day.

Yesterday I took 10 4x and it seemed to help. Today I did 20 when I woke up then 10 middle of afternoon and 10 more around 7 p.m.

That got me wondering, what do you all take?

I think I will try to listen to my doc (I am known as stubborn) but I am drug sensitive. I have noticed some tingling around my mouth with the increase. All in my head or something to pay attention to?

I am also really sensitive to meds and take Tizanadine (Zanaflex). I react badly to Baclofen (severe weakness) but I seem to tolerate Tizandine a lot better.

Comment

I used Tizanadine before. It made my blood pressure drop dramatically. I passed out a couple of times.

Comment

Hi newme,

I take 3 sometimes 4 20mg. at bedtime. I tried taking during the day but it made me to sleepy.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

I take 20 mg of Baclofen 4 times per day; Zanaflex 8 mg 3 times per day. It used to make me sleepy, but now it is normal and helps my spasticity wonderfully.

I hope you sort out your dosage, it can take some time to get it where you like it.

Take care
          Lisa
          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
          Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by 22cyclist View Post
            Zanaflex 8 mg 3 times per day.
            Wow! My physiatrist suggests I max at 12 mg if needed. I currently take 4 mg 2x a day.

Comment

what about taking it prn (as needed)?

I have some spasticity in my feet but not all the time. So I've been taking it only when needed (not sure of what dosage, probably 10 mg). Is this okay or do you need to build up an amount in your system for it to work?

Comment

I'm taking 10mg 2 times a day. It helps but I think I should have a higher dose.

Comment

Originally posted by 22cyclist View Post
                  I take 20 mg of Baclofen 4 times per day; Zanaflex 8 mg 3 times per day. It used to make me sleepy, but now it is normal and helps my spasticity wonderfully.

I hope you sort out your dosage, it can take some time to get it where you like it.

Take care
                  Lisa
                  I do the same as Lisa...only get sleepy when I'm driving lol

Comment

Working...
                  X